Ryker was born Thursday Sept. 25th at 5:09. I was induced that morning. I really wasn't loving the idea of being induced, but once I hit 40 weeks, it was time to be done. The hospital called at 9 a.m. and asked me to be there by 9:45. So we rushed to get the girls to sitters for the day and headed off to have a baby. It felt weird driving to the hospital knowing I was going to have a baby, but I wasn't having any contractions or any pain or anything.
We got there at 10 and they got me started on the potosin which started contractions. I was still only dilated to a 4, which made me realize how glad I was to be being induced since I had been a 4 that whole week and still had made no progress. I started having some small contractions, but nothing big and about noon the doctor came in to break my water. I had never had this done before so that was kind of different. When he broke my water I was still only dilated to a 4 so those two hours I hadn't progressed at all. Although about 20 minutes after my water being broke and the nurse turning up the potosin, my contractions started to hurt a lot. I decided it was time for the epidural and I am glad I decided that when I did because I went from a little pain to unbearable pain really fast. The anesthesiologist came in to give me the epidural and had a hard time getting it in the right spot so it took awhile, not fun. Finally after about 3 tries he got it in and I slowly started to feel better. Though I never felt completely better. After an hour of the epidural I was still feeling the contractions and the nurse checked and I was dilated to an 8 already. Since the baby had moved so fast the epidural hadn't kept up with him. They came in and gave me two more shots of medicine and finally I stopped hurting.
About 4:00 I started shaking uncontrollably, but was in no pain at all. In fact I couldn't feel anything at all I was so numbed up. The nurse checked and I was already to a 10 and the baby was ready. Unfortunately the doctor was not. We had to wait about 45 minutes for him to get to the hospital. I was definitely ready to deliver this baby by the time he got there. After about 20 minutes of pushing Ryker was here. He did have the cord wrapped around his neck, which completely scared me when I heard the doctor say that, but everything was fine. He came out screaming! He has a full head of dark hair and is such a sweetheart. Everything went well, it was just such a different delivery than I am used to. I guess though I am not really used to anything since all 3 of my kids have had such different deliveries. I am just so glad he is here and that all is well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
He is so darling, congratulations!!
Congratulations!! He is so handsome and so big! I think he was ready to join his big sisters. We are so happy for your family, babies are such a blessing!
Make sure you take good care of yourself and get plenty of pampering, you deserve it!!
I love all that hair!
Congratulations to you all!! Uncle Tom & Aunt Barb aren't proud are they? LOL He is a beautiful addition to your family Brit!!
Wish I was there to hold him :-D
Marie
HE IS FREAKING CUTE!! I need to be a better friend and get down to see you!!
xoxo
Shan
So fun to see the hospital pictures!! You are so good to have already blogged about this!!! You are so on top of things!!!
Post a Comment