Thursday, September 11, 2008

And preschool begins...

Preschool finally started for us again! Jordyn went back on Wednesday and she was very excited to go again, although a little sad because most of her friends from last year went on to Kindergarten without her this yet. It is good that she has a late birthday though so she can have that one extra year to prepare for kindergarten. And I personally think it is better to be one of the older kids in your class than the youngest. She had a great time on her first day and even made some new friends. Note that she had to wear the frog rain boots since it was raining that morning. I've got to love her sense of style!!

Today Pressley got to go to her very first day of preschool. She was so, so excited for it. I was pretty nervous and a little sad. I can't believe Pressley is really in preschool already!! I have been excited for her to start because I know she really needs the social part of school, and she needs to get away from mom a little bit because she is very clingy, but it was so sad to send her off. She on the other hand, had no problems with it. I was surprised by how easily she walked into class and didn't even look back to see if I was staying or not. Jon was home from work today so we all piled in the van to take her to her first day of school. Jordyn of course had to walk her back to the classroom and help me drop her off, and I think that helped Pressley. I was also very surprised by Pressley's choice of clothes. I had bought Pressley the cutest dress to wear to school and when we went to put it on this morning she insisted on wearing pants. This girl who hates pants and always wears dresses would have nothing to do with a dress today! Oh well, she still looked adorable, and I just can't get over how excited she was about going to school. When we all went to pick her up from school I talked with her teacher to see how she did and her teacher said she was great. I thought for sure at some point during class Pressley would have had a hard time, or wanted me, but there were no problems at all. And she was so excited to tell us about all the fun things she got to do, and show us her papers. I am so proud of her for doing so well and being such a big girl!

Jordyn slept in, but woke up just in time to take Pressley to school.

How excited is she?!!

No comments: