Tuesday, September 23, 2008

39 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, 45 min...

I am still pregnant! I think I completely jinxed myself by being so sure that this baby was going to be born in early September. I thought for sure that since I have such risky pregnancies and have to be so careful or else I have contractions, that once I got so far along and quit being so careful about everything that I would immediately go into labor. Nope. Monday I even went in to the doctor's and had him strip my membranes, thinking for sure I would go into labor. The doctor even told me he would be surprised if he didn't see me back that night. I am now dilated to a 4, membranes stripped, and absolutely nothing happening. I know I should just accept that this must mean that this baby boy is not yet ready to come into this world, but all I can think about is how gigantic he is probably going to be, and how miserable I keep getting as each day slowly ticks by. I am scheduled to be induced Thursday, which is my due date, but as crazy as it will sound, I really don't want to be induced. I know that sounds nuts after I just complained about how badly I want to have him, I just don't want to have him that way. So I shall keep waiting and trying to be happy and patient. I just hope he makes an appearance soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry that you are miserable! I keep waiting for the call to bring the peanut butter fingers, but nothing. I can't believe it. Well the 24th is my b-day, so maybe I'll think of you when I am making my wish:)
Best of luck!!
Julie

Jason and Jen said...

I can't believe you haven't had him! I know what you mean about not wanting to be induced...it is nice that you don't have to go past your due date, that is just torture! Well, good luck!

J-ME said...

Britney I came accross your blog and just thought I would say hello! Your girls are adorable and how exciting that you are having a little boy! Good luck with every thing!!!
Jamie Karren Blaisdell