Thursday, April 9, 2009

I suppose it is the fact that I have three children now, but I can not catch up for the life of me lately! I don't know what has happened that has thrown me so off track, but I feel like I am10 steps behind on everything. I keep thinking I am about to get caught up on everything, and then I get further behind. Oh well, I guess I may just have to accept that I am not going to have everything organized, caught up, clean, etc. all of the time anymore.

The kids and I have had some fun over the last week or so. Jon has been gone to school in North Dakota, so we have been trying to stay busy to pass the time till he comes home. We went to Heather's last week and made some Easter cookies, YUM! They turned out so good, and the kids are getting quite good at making them. They are getting them done much faster now.

Jordyn, Joey, and Pressley rolling out dough. Don't the girls just look so excited...

Me and Ryker making cookies

We had a couple sunny days over the weekend and we made it outside to play in the backyard. Ryker got to try out the swing for the first time, and he loved it. He loves to be outside and watch the dogs and just check everything out. He loved swinging and having us all push him. He is so cute!



Last Saturday was my brother Travis' birthday. We went with my family to lunch at Mi Ranchito. When I got there and went to get Pressley out of the car I looked down and saw that she was wearing one fuzzy pink boot, and one brown mary jane. What the??? I had told her to get her shoes on and get in the car, apparently she did this but I didn't check to make sure she got it right. She is well known for wearing her shoes on the wrong feet, but this was a first. When I asked her why she had on two different shoes she got flustered and said she couldn't find the other one. Okay... When we got home we played in the girls' room for awhile. They love to play with the legos and build towers, so we did that for awhile, and got a few pictures.





I went out with my mom today for lunch and some shopping. When I was telling the girls I was going to be leaving to get them some Easter stuff Jordyn told me, "get me an Easter shirt, but only if it is on sale." So funny! She is so grown up lately, it just amazes me sometimes. We were driving home from preschool the other day and it was a very nice day out. She told me "we should play outside today because it is so beautiful. We only stay inside when it is miserable." I just love her choice of words.

Tonight I dug out the clothes from last summer that I had kept and had the girls try them on to see what still fits and what doesn't. Every time I had Pressley try something on for me she would strike a pose to show it to me. She would put her hands on her hips, tilt her head, or fan out her hands. She was so funny, and so cute.

They have these moments that are so adorable, then they have moments that make you wonder how they could be that same child because they get so mean and angry. I don't get it. But I love them, a lot. Temper tantrums and cute moments and all!

1 comment:

Jason and Jen said...

Wow! Sounds like you are doing a lot even though Jon is gone. You are such a good mom, I can tell you really enjoy playing with your kids. You look great too, good for you for putting some pics of yourself on your blog. I hate it, but I try to sometimes.