The other night Jon got Jordyn to eat some refried beans for dinner. He told her if she finished them he would take her to the store for a prize, yes we are all about bribery. Well she finished them and they all headed to Family Dollar for a prize. Jordyn picked out ballons and Pressley picked out a little Dr. kit. Within minutes half of the toys were broken, you get what you pay for I suppose, but they had a blast making balloon hats.
Monday night we went to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. This is one of the girls' favorite places to go play. They love to play the games and collect the tickets. Pressley is great at wiggling out one extra ticket too. :) After we finished with the pizza, cake, and dancing with Chuck E. we came home to get everyone ready for bed. As I was reading a book to the girls Jon went outside to get something out of the truck and as he shut the door a small bird flew in. We have a very large vaulted ceiling so getting a bird down was not an easy feat. We all sat here, the girls a little scared, wondering how we were going to get it out of here. Luckily, it flew upstairs and landed in the laundry closet which just happened to be open. Jon caught it in one of the girls' large butterfly nets and brought it down for us to look at. Of course I had to get a picture and as I was trying to get a good shot it flew right out of the net and we were back where we started. Jon wasn't too happy about having to go after the bird for a second time, but I got a decent picture and the bird eventually was escorted out. It was a pretty exciting end to our night.
The girls are both at the stage of wanting to do everything for themselves. Pressley has to dress herself even though she gets caught in her shirts most of the time and cries, but she won't let you help her. Jordyn wants to get everything out for herself. Cups, plates, supplies, food, you name it she wants to do it on her own. I came downstairs the other day to find them both making their own lunch. Peanut butter sandwich anyone? Jordyn has been thinking she is capable of making her own sandwiches for a while now, and Pressley is just starting to think she is an expert. All in all they don't do too bad of a job. What big girls I have.

No comments:
Post a Comment