Last weekend I got to fly out to California to stay with Bekky for a few days. We decided to spend Saturday and Sunday in San Francisco. We were out there last September and toured half of the city and this time decided to do the other half. We booked a great room at the Sheraton right down by Fisherman's Wharf, and within walking distance of all or our destinations. When we arrived for check-in they told us the hotel overbooked and they kicked us out. They did get us a room at the Marriot a couple blocks away and gave us a ride there, but it was still quite irritating.
We started off our little vacation by visiting Ghirardelli Square and eating at a wonderful restaurant called McCormick's. We had some awesome clam chowder, crab cakes, and a seafood cobb salad. It was divine. We then visited a cute cupcake shop and tried some fun cupcakes and then went and got a caricature done that pretty much looks nothing like us. But it was a lot of fun. After all that we headed back to change and then wandered through Pier 39 for awhile, freezing the whole time, and then went to an Italian place for dinner. We asked if they had a view of the water and she said yes, so we waited longer for a table with a view. When we got to our seat it was a view of the parking lot and the water in the far distance. It was pretty funny that that was their "view".

Sunday we ordered room service and ate a fabulous breakfast in bed. It was great to relax and be on our own time. Then we headed out to the pier and took a ferry over to Sausalito. It is a beautiful little town right on the bay. We shopped at one of our fave stores and got some fun souveneirs and then headed to a little cafe on the waterfront and had some great fish and chips, followed by a giant ice cream cone from a great ice cream place in town. When we got back to San Francisco we decided to walk up to Coit Tower. And it was UP! I don't think it was the best idea for me at 5 months pregnant, but I survived and it was beautiful. We got up to Coit Tower and went up into the top part of the tower where you can overlook the whole city. It was very pretty. Bekky had a mini anxiety attack and had to go down pretty fast, but I enjoyed it. Then we decided to keep walking and go over to Lombard Street. We got too close though and couldn't get a good picture of it, but hey we got some more walking (hiking) in. After all of our walking we took BART (the subway) back home to Bekky's and went to dinner at Piatti, where Bekky works. They have the best spinach ravioli ever there. And great desserts!
Monday we went to breakfast at a great cafe near Bekky's house and then went shopping. We found some adorable clothes at Baby H & M for the baby boy, and a maternity dress for me for my 10 year reunion coming up. Wandering the mall was probably not our best idea after we had wandered San Francisco for two days before. I was really feeling every step I had taken. It was time for some rest! We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory that night and went home to lay in bed and eat cheesecake, what could be better!
Tuesday we didn't do too much. A little more shopping and a good lunch at the cafe and then I had to get everything ready to come back home. It was a great trip and I am so glad I was able to go. It is so good for me to get away from being "mommy" every once in awhile. Jon did a great job with the girls and the house too. He had everything cleaned up and kept the kids busy while I was gone. What more could I ask for? I am a very lucky lady!






3 comments:
Looks like alot of fun. You two look great!!!
Well you are quite the writter!! I need to improve mine. Mine was was a bit hurried, but I wanted to get something up. Yours is mucho better!! miss ya already, so does Pay!
Wow! How fun! You lucky girls! It looks beautiful there!
Say hi to the girls for us! Bay has 2 weeks and counting till cast removal! then we will have to hit the pool
Post a Comment