Summer is quickly coming to an end. Tomorrow is Sept. 1st, CrAzY! It always amazes me how fast summer goes! Every year at the start of summer I make a list of things I want to do and places I want to go, and at the end of every summer I feel like we didn't do near enough. I have the same feeling this summer, but I shouldn't. We had a very fun, eventful summer. We spent a lot of time at Thanksgiving Point, went on a great family vacation to Oregon, a fun weekend in Bryce Canyon (which I will eventually get on here!) lot's of swimming, and plenty of other
activities.
activities.
I know the kids had a great time. They spent most days riding bikes with their good friends in the neighborhood. Both girls learned to ride without training wheels this summer, yes Miss Pressley learned at only 3 years old! She is determined to do everything the older kids do! They also loved the water slide in the back yard. Best investment ever! They became very good friends with several kids in the neighborhood this summer which has been fabulous! I love that they have great friends here to grow up with and spend time outside with!
Both of the girls did different activities this summer. Jordyn started a music class which she loves! It is a 3 year course called Let's Play Music. She will start learning the piano next year. This first year they learn how to read and write music and all about it. More than I will ever know. I know nothing about music unfortunately. She is really enjoying it! She also went to a tutor for reading. She seemed to have a great time with this as well, and it has been a big help in her starting to learn to read.
The literacy center had a big picnic for all the kids. Lot's of games, face painting, food, the girls had a blast.
Pressley was able to take gymnastics class. She loved it and was very good at it. She was a great listener and did so well at doing all the different skills in class. She really has a great talent for it. She also got to do Itty Bitty soccer. She had looked forward to this for the whole last year since Jordyn did it. She had a great time with it as well.
Ryker enjoyed being dragged around to all of the events. He is a trooper! He loves being outside, so any time that he was able to sit in the sand or the water and play he was happy! He has grown up so much and so fast!
at the splash park
Checking out the sand at the beach in Herriman.
Cascade SpringsI'm really sad to see summer go. I am not a fan of winter at all. I don't like the rain, the cold, the snow, the slush, the ice, YUCK! But I am sure we will find a way to enjoy it, somehow. I do look forward to fall, a little. I did have a great time with these kiddos this summer. As frustrated as I may be with them at times, I do just adore them! They make every day very exciting and fun.





1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a busy summer. I can totally relate with you about how you felt on Jordyn's first day of school. Bryton is now in first grade and started on the 24th and I still feel strange dropping him off. So when are you going to come play in California again??
Post a Comment