Thursday, August 27th Jordyn started Kindergarten. I can't believe my little girl is going to school. Real Elementary school! It's so weird to me to just send her off to school with so many other kids and have her get on and off a school bus, and get to her class all by herself! It feels so strange to not be there to help her and to be home knowing she is at recess at school, or getting in a line for the bus, and I am not there to make sure she is taken care of. BUT, she is doing great! She loves school, LOVES the bus, and is having so much fun!
The first day of school I drove her. I couldn't just send her off from the park at the bus stop. So I took her and walked her into the courtyard. I didn't cry as I walked away, but it was a little difficult, and just felt so strange. So different than leaving her at preschool with only a handful of other kids.
She rode the bus home that day so we met her at the bus stop. She was so excited when she came home, she had a great first day! She has a few kids in her class that she went to preschool with. And, she has friends in the neighborhood that she rides to bus to and from school with.
I haven't met her teacher yet, but hope to soon. The school had a little difficulty getting the kindergartners ready this year due to having way too many kids, so things didn't go too well to start. But, Jordyn is happy and having a great time!
Pressley on the other hand, is not enjoying it so much. She is having a hard time with the fact that all of her friends are gone and she can't play for a few hours every morning. She was very sad Friday when all the kids got on the bus and she was left home. I hope to be able to take her to do some special things so she doesn't feel so left out. We need some time together. And I guess we all need some time to adjust to this kindergarten business!

No comments:
Post a Comment