Monday, August 25, 2008

Liberty Park






Friday Jon was off work so we drove up to Salt Lake and took the girls to Liberty Park. I haven't been there forever, if ever, and I had really been wanting to take the girls this summer. We packed some lunches and ate by the large pond and watched the geese. The girls had fun trying to feed them after we were done eating. Although the geese didn't take much interest in our food, I think they are pretty overfed. We wandered down further into the park and found a splash/pool area for the girls to play in. We hadn't been expecting this to be here so we were unprepared with no swimsuits, but the girls had no problem jumping in in their clothes. They of course loved it! After they played for a bit we found the rides and they decided to ride the carousel. It is a pretty old carousel, looked like one you would see in a horror movie, but they didn't care. Afterwards, we went through Tracy Aviary and looked at all the many different birds. The girls loved seeing all the different kinds and asking all sorts of questions about them. I was surprised at how intrigued they stayed after seeing so many birds. After the aviary we got some popcorn and a sucker and headed back through the park to the car. We had a great time at the park and go to try something new.















I have past 35 weeks now with the pregnancy and am closing in on 36 weeks. At 36 weeks if you go into labor the doctor won't do anything to try to stop you, so we could have baby any time now. I have been having some slight contractions, and I think the baby has dropped a bit. I am definitely getting larger, of course, and feeling very pregnant at this point. I had some pretty bad contractions on our way up to Liberty Park Friday, but I took a pill and they went away. I have had some small ones since and will see the doctor today, so I'll know where we stand. Otherwise, it is going pretty well. I have about finished the baby's room, and I love it. I just need to get a few pictures and his name up on the walls now. But we are pretty much ready now.

1 comment:

Craig&Shannon said...

Wahoo! Let that BABY come! What did the doc say? Liberty park does look pretty cool.. was there any bums? HA just kidding! I know we have the same baby bedding, but of course your room looks far superior.. thanks again for reminding me that I SUCK! heehee!
Tell Jordy and Press hello from Bay and I!