We have been busy this last week or so. Lot's of play dates, swimming, riding bikes, and getting ready for our big trip to Oregon for this week. We were scheduled to leave early this morning and get to Netarts tomorrow afternoon. But yesterday I started having some strange pains in my back and stomach about 11:00 a.m. and by 4:00 it was no worse, but no better so we decided to go to the hospital to find out if anything serious was going on. Since our incident with Jordyn we don't want to wait for something to happen and be too late to stop the labor. It's a good thing we went into the hospital. I was having small contractions and was dilated to a 1, which isn't much but you don't want to be that far at only 27 weeks. So they started giving me shots to stop the contractions, which seemed to have work, but they came back. Then they gave me 1 pill every 20 minutes for about an hour, and that made them stop for good. I finally got to leave the hospital about 10:30, and thank goodness baby boy is still safe in my tummy. Today I have been taking the pills every 6 hours, just to be safe, but have felt much better. I go to the doctor tomorrow morning and if all is well we will head to Oregon with our fingers crossed. We have considered not going, but we are all so eager and excited to have a family vacation this summer that we want to go as long as we and the doctor feel good about it. So far, I feel good about it. I haven't been hurting today, and have been taking it easy. I also think I will rest a lot more in OR than I will here. So we'll see how it goes in the morning.
In other news, Jon has been working hard to finish the awning that he and my dad put up on the back of the house. It has been so nice having it there and having some shade to sit under in this heat. The girls have loved having the pool or the waterslide out about every other day. They are also loving playing with all of their friends every day. Jordyn asks every day which friend she will get to see. When I told her we were probably leaving for Oregon tomorrow she said "and we won't see any friends?!" Hopefully she is entertained enough on the trip that she will be okay without her friends for a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your pains, good thing you went in and got it taken care of. Good luck with the trip!!!
keep that baby in another couple of months!!!!
Post a Comment