
Jon and I have never been to the sand dunes, as hard as that is to believe. I think most everyone we know has been there, but not us. Yesterday we decided to go with some friends that Jon works with. We borrowed some 4-wheelers and headed out with the girls. We got off to a late start, but that is nothing unusual for us, and got to the dunes about 1:00. We immediately unloaded the 4-wheelers and Jon was off. Jordyn and Pressley took to the sand and got busy covering themselves in it and building castles. I didn't do too much riding due to being 6 months pregnant, but I did go out for a bit. It was really fun, but I learned that I may have a small fear of heights. I was attempting to go up Sand Mountain, a pretty steep mountain, and after getting only 1/4 of the way up I said forget it. I stuck to the little hills and flat surfaces. Jordyn didn't want to have anything to do with the 4-wheelers at first, but Jon finally got her on one with him and then she wanted to do the smaller one by herself. She loved it! She only got off because she said her thumb was tired from pushing the gas. We all had a very fun day and were exhausted and covered from head to toe in sand by the time we left. It was fun to do something new with the girls and I am glad they liked it as much as we did!

Jordyn riding with Jon.

Jon ready to go!

Pressley having fun in the sand.

Jordyn in her helmet.

Jordyn cruising alone!

Jordyn filling up her bottle and poor Keva trying to get in some shade.
No comments:
Post a Comment