Sunday, February 8, 2009

A busy week...

A smile!

This is the face I alway get when he sees the camera.

We had a busy week, doing a bunch of random things. I have been working still with Lia Sophia and started working with Chic and Unique Boutique. I am having fun with both my jobs, but it is sure keeping me busy.

Jon has started his own new business venture. He has started his own company called US Display. He makes jewelry display cases. He has just started and so far everyone is loving them. He sold one to a friend and got his first official order this week, plus has a lady interested in possibly buying 4. He is excited about this, and I am so proud of him for going through with this. It has been a lot of work for him, and since his job doesn't let him have a lot of spare time he has been very busy. But he is really enjoying making these, and he is already coming up with ideas for expanding the business.

The girls have been still trying to get over being sick all week. We have had coughs and runny noses, but I think they are about over it. They had preschool this week, and got to play with their friends Mikey and Joey a couple times. We also went up to Shannon's house one day and they spent hours playing with Bailey. They also got to go swimming with their dad this week, which they of course loved! They can have their moments where they play so well together, and then they have moments where all they want to do is fight. It seems like this week we had a lot more fighting moments than usual, but we're all hanging in there.

Ryker is still growing like crazy, and gets cuter every day. He started eating vegetables this week, and he is doing much better with them than he did with rice. He didn't care for the rice cereal at all, but none of my kids have. He loves watching his sisters and they love giving him hugs and kisses. I am so glad they get along so well!


His first taste of squash, he was a little unsure.

Jordyn playing blocks with Ryker.

We got some bad news this week. Jon's dad went to the hospital and turns out he has colon cancer. He has been in the hospital for several days and will have surgery on Tuesday, then start chemo. He is doing well and being tough. Jon is handling it okay, but I think it really shocked him, as I think it would anyone. We are all hoping for the best!

The snow in the backyard has started to disappear and I am getting excited for spring! I can't wait to be able to go outside and enjoy the outdoors again. We have had it with being cooped up in the house all winter.

I looked out back one day and Lucy had part of her water bowl around her neck. Crazy dog!

2 comments:

Craig&Shannon said...

Give Jon our love.. that is horrible I hope everything goes ok with his dad!
We had fun with you guys too! Cant wait to see you again!

Shan

Mandyloo said...

I am sorry to hear about Jon's dad. I hope everything goes ok.

Ryker is such a cutie! I hope to be able to see you guys soon!!