Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday!

It has become tradition that every year on black Friday Lacy and I get up and partake in the shopping hysteria. We usually wait in line at Target, but this year we liked the deals at Wal Mart and decided to go there first. The only problem with that is that they opened at 5 instead of 6, so we had to get up at 3:30 to get there and get a good spot. We have never gotten up that early to go before, but I would say it was totally worth it. We got there and thank goodness WalMart is always open so we didn't have to wait outside in the cold. We found the items we wanted most in the store and staked out a good spot with the other thousands of people. Once 5:00 hit the madness started. Lacy went one way and I went the other, and somehow we managed to maneuver through the crowds well enough to get pretty much everything on our lists. We got some really good deals this year, and had a blast doing it, as crazy as we thought we were. After WalMart we headed to Toys R Us and got everything we wanted there too. Totally worth getting up early!

After I got home Jon and I took the kids out to breakfast and then we came home to decorate for Christmas. We got all the decorations out and then put up the tree. The girls loved decorating this year. They made sure we had out every decoration and got everything up on the tree. They are also pretty good at dancing along to the Christmas music. We had a fun day!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love Black Friday! I would go just for the rush if I didn't want anything, however I was too sick to want to go this year :( poor me. I'm glad you had fun and got what you wanted!

Jason and Jen said...

Sounds fun...I hope you got to take a nap! The tree looks great!

Craig&Shannon said...

lookin good girl! When we getting together ey?