Thursday, November 27, 2008

Check-ups!

2 months old

Since all of the kids just had birthdays it was time for their yearly, and monthly in Ryker's case, check-ups. I ended up with their appointments all on the same day at the same time. Crazy idea! The girls freak out about the doctor. They hate shots and they scream and hide when it is time to get them. To top it off, I took all three kids by myself.

Jordyn did really well with the exam part. She was weighed and measured and got an eye exam. She has 20/20 vision which the doctor said is very good at her age. Most kids don't get that till they hit 7. She also got her finger pricked so they could test blood. She did awesome through all of this, but then when it came time for shots she hid under the exam table and wouldn't come out. I wrestled her out and held her down and they did the shots while she screamed her head off! Other than that she did great and is a very healthy girl.

Her 5 year old stats:
Weight: 54 lbs. 90th%
Height: 46.25 in. 90th%

Pressley wasn't so willing to do so well for the exam. She didn't want to get weighed or measured. We had to give her prizes and weigh her stuffed animal first and stand on the scale with mom before she would do it on her own. And when the doctor came in for the exam she wasn't too happy about that either, but she made it through by sitting on my lap. Although, when it came time for the shots she told me "I like shots", and was somewhat willing to get it. She only had to get one and sat on my lap for it. After a little crying she was all better.

Her 3 year old stats:
Weight: 37.2 lbs. 90th%
Height: 39.5 in. 97th%

Ryker did very well. He didn't cry when we weighed him, the girls always did at his age, and he did fine withthe doctor. He didn't so much love his shots either though. Although I can't say I blame him. He had to get 5, and he had to take something orally for Rotovirus. Poor kids wasn't too happy after all of that. But the doctor said he looks great.

His 2 month stats:
Weight: 14lbs. 11oz. 97th%
Length: 24 in. 90th%
Head cir. 40.5 cm. 50th%

Obviously we grow very large kids in this household. At least they are well proportioned though right? Needless to say I am glad the doctor visits are over for the girls till next year, and all we have to worry about is taking Ryker for the next little while. I can't believe he is already almost 15 pounds!! Where did my baby go??

My big boy!

Sweet little fingers.

And precious little toes.


2 comments:

My Life's Journey said...

Sounds like the appointments ended pretty well though. I don't know many kids that like shots. I remember running around the office & they had to catch me before I would even let them draw some blood, so I can understand. Sadly I was nearly a teenager when I did that LOL Now needles don't bother me much (hence the tattoos LOL) They are gorgeous kids Britt!! Take care cousin!

Jason and Jen said...

Ryker is so adorable! I love the photos! You have some tall kids!