Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The BIG one!

Well, it happened. I turned 30! And I survived it! I wasn't super excited for this birthday, in fact I really dreaded it for awhile, but as it got closer I became okay with it. I guess I had to. I decided I was going to be happy with turning 30. Everyone that has done it says it's great, so I'm ready!

I had a GREAT Birthday weekend! Jon had to work all weekend so he sent me to the spa!!! I had never been to a spa for a facial before, and now I am hooked! I went to Sanctuary with Heather and we had a fabulous time! Facials and a pedicure = pure bliss! After that we topped it off with dinner to The Cheesecake Factory, one of my most fave places! It was an awesome day!

On Sunday, my actual birthday. My mom and Jon planned to take me out to Tepenyaki. Lots of people surprised me by being there. We ate with my parents, Judy, Angie, and my brother and Jenny. It was of course a great dinner. Afterwards Jon drove me around for a bit and when we came home my mom had set up a surprise party. I walked in and everyone jumped up from the kitchen. It was a fun night and I was so glad everyone was able to come! {Thanks guys!} We ate some delicious cake made by Summer and visited while all the kids ran around.

So all in all, turning 30 wasn't so bad. In fact, it was pretty darn good! Let's hope 40 is good as well!~
Jon and me at Tepenyaki

Coming home to my surprise!

Modeling my "30 and Thrilling" sash my mom got me.

The girls: Heather, Summer, Shannon, me and Angie!

Some of the boys discussing "cake."

Showing off my gift from Jon; a washboard to play in our band with. :)

Some of the fam; Aunt Barbara, dad, Aunt Joan, and Ang

2 comments:

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun. Isn't it great to have awesome husbands, friends and family? They make it all better - well most of the time ;)

30 isn't so bad. Turning 31 is nothing special. Trust me! Is it obvious that I pay more attention on blogspot than on FB? I get so lost on it, I'd rather read people's blogs. Happy late Birthday!

Peace Out :)

Jason and Jen said...

Glad you had such a fun b-day...I love the sash!