Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back in the swing of things


Wow! It has been a crazy couple of weeks!
After our friend passed away we spent our time helping take care of our friends. They decided to move back to California so we helped with the services, moving stuff out of the house, taking care of their daughter, etc. I was physically drained from the week, I can only imagine how Krista felt.

Now we are back in the swing of things. I have finally gotten us back on our routine, and Jon has started his new job. He was offered a new job the first week of March, and we are so excited he got it! He didn't even have to interview for it, they just called him and asked if he wanted it! He now is working back in Spanish Fork with the 116th, his old unit. He works at the armory and gets soldiers ready to go to school. He makes sure they have met all the requirements to go and finds the schools they can go to and makes all the arrangements. The best part of this job is that he has a regular schedule! Monday through Thursday, 6-4:30. We don't even know what to do with that! His old job had such crazy hours and you could never depend on him getting off when he was supposed to, this is going to be awesome! He's only on his second day and he is still learning everything, but so far he really likes it. Yay!!

I have been working quite a bit too. I had a couple awesome Lia Sophia shows last week, one of which the hostess is signing up to sell. I have my first recruit and she is awesome! I am so excited to have her sign up! I also had a Chic and Unique party that went well too. It is nice to have work going well again! I also went to a sewing class that Judy and her sewing group taught last week. Lacy and I went and learned how to do quilting blocks. I am so excited to get started on them! It is much easier than it looks. Last night I finally broke out my sewing machine, after three years, and made a bib for Ryker! I am so proud! Lacy and I have MANY projects in mind and are hoping to get together a couple times a month. Yay!!

It was a major birthday weekend too. Saturday night I got to go out with Heather, with no kids, and go shopping and to dinner for her birthday which is today. It was so fun!! We went to South Towne Mall and went to the new Forever 21 store, it is HUGE!! It took us about 2 hours to go through the whole thing and try everything on, which we had to do in the middle of the store, over our tank top of course, cause the dressing room lines were insane. Then we were off to a couple more stores, and then to dinner at TGIFridays. It was such a fun girls night out, and a much needed one! Sunday I had my parents over for dinner with Jenny and Travis to celebrate my mom's birthday, and Jenny's which was yesterday. We had yummy lasagna and visited. Good times! Happy Birthday ladies!!

UPDATE: Jon's dad is doing much better. He does not have to have chemo and is feeling much better. He is not needing the oxygen as much and is moving around quite a bit and eating better. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers!

The kids are all doing well. The girls are sad their friend has moved away, and are still trying to understand why she can't just come back from California to play for a day. We're working on that. They have been loving playing outside in the beautiful weather the last two days. (so have I) They both have a little more attitude than they can handle, or me for that matter, but we are working on it. Ryker is getting so big so fast! He is starting to sit up on his own and is so active! He wiggles all around on the floor and is working on rolling from his back to his tummy. He loves banging his toys and grabbing everything he can get his hands on. He is doing great eating his veggies, which we love since the girls were such picky eaters. He loves when we read books together and is still such a good baby.

3 comments:

The Owen Family said...

WOW what a busy couple of weeks. GOOD job on your recruit, that is awesome!!!! When did you start with Lia Sophia?

Jason and Jen said...

I'm glad your doing better and that is so awesome about Jon's new job. Congrats!

Savage Family said...

What a great POST!! I loved reading about our Girl's Day Out!! It was so much fun!!! We need to do it again!! glad your back in the SWING of things!!!